Tuesday 6 July 2010

The Creative Pulse

I am feeling the creative pulse at the moment, for several reasons, actually. The first, because I am very excited about an art summer school that I have recently signed up for, which I think will be very interesting and helpful. I will be trying all sorts of things, and since Art is my favourite subject, I am really looking forward to it!
Secondly, I watched My Sisters Keeper today. And, yes, I did cry. One of my best friends in Ireland has leukaemia, and every time I saw the girl, or indeed her boyfriend who also had leukaemia, I just saw him. this was rather upsetting. Anyway, the cinematography in it was actually quite beautiful.


These opening credits with the bubbles were lovely, you could feel that something was going wrong in every second of it.

I can't find a good picture of the opening credits, but the lighting was lovely, just like this. She looked so happy.


In the film, Kate, the girl with leukaemia, made a beautiful scrapbook for her family. It reminded me of one of my favourite blogs, The Next Page.

And lastly, I am preparing a mural for my bedroom wall. I have scaled up this picture, by Roy Litchenstein, and I'm planning on painting onto my room soon!

"You don't love someone because they're perfection, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not"

No comments:

Post a Comment