Tuesday 6 March 2012

06.03.11

So, today came around all too soon, I guess. I can't believe it's been a year, I still feel just as much of a mess as I did this time last year, I've just learnt to contain it better. It makes me really sad to look back on what I've done in the year since, how royally I have screwed up and how close I came to just losing it, but it also makes me a little bit proud to see that somehow, in some areas, I've managed to pull it back. It's also comforting to know that I do have some friends that really care about me, no matter how unexpected that seemed, I know that they're the ones I should hold onto. I suppose I've really known that all along.
Anyway, today isn't about me.
I tried really hard to find a good poem that could express loss properly, but they were all to religious and figurative, so in the end I thought I'd go with this. He really loved this song, well before Adele covered it, and he was absolutely mad on Dylan, so I thought this was appropriate.

When the rain is blowin' in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawlin' down the avenue
No, there's nothin' that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love.

Though storms are raging on the rollin' sea
And on the highway of regrets
Though winds of change are throwing wild and free
You ain't seen nothin' like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love.

Hope I'm not depressing you too much of late. I'll be back on form soon.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment