Thursday 12 January 2012

Two thousand and twelve

It's rolled around again folks! Unbelievably, I managed to complete all of last years resolutions/bucket list, apart from "achieve a flawless, all-over even tan"... but then being an of the albaster persuasion, this was never really going to happen. 2012 (not twenty twelve, we're not in the military) is a little bit further out there, but I don't think any of them are unachievable...

1. GET A TATTOO
Yes, this is silly. Yes, it's irresponsible. Yes, my mother will hate me forever if she finds out. But I'm getting a wee little cross, on me chest, for personal reasons innit.



2. HAVE A DODGY HAIRDO
Not a life-changingly, cringe cringe kill yourself cringe bad hairdo. Just one that I'll look back on in a few years and think, what the prick was I thinking?! It's character building.



3. DO A RUN FOR CHARITY
http://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/
I know its only 5km, but I really feel like this could raise some money, and its something I want to do, especially for Leukemia and Lymphoma. However, as I am incredibly unfit, I will be undergoing insanely intense preparations (stay tuned for painful updates...)

4. TAKE A PHOTO EVERYDAY
I will be posting these. Apologies.

5. GO ON HOLIDAY WITHOUT THE RENTAL UNITS
The boyfriend is quite keen on Tunisia at the moment (fool! Little does he know, a week alone with me and my semi-obsessive suncream habits, and our relationship will be toast!) but I am swinging the way of an Ireland road-trip with the girlzz. This way we can visit some Uni's out there as well as hitting the pubs, and appreciating the sound of raindrops on a cottage window in the land of the Leprechaun.


7. ATTEND A MINDBLOWING GIG/FESTIVAL
So far, I have tickets for The Kabeedies, Sum 41, Coldplay and Reading Festival. Yeah I know. My life rocks.


8. SURVIVE A-LEVELS
This is providing trickier than I first thought. Speaking of which, I have a pile of essays waiting, that aint gunna write themselves...

Love, Peace, and 2012 Lovin',
Mx

P.S. Oh, and my number 1 new years resolution? Be tasteless. Be rash. Stop thinking things through. Be rebellious. Do stupid things. Get hurt. Get over it. Get too drunk. Eat crap food. Cut all your hair off. Hair grows back. Circumstances change and people leave, but (and I know its a cliche) the one thing that is truly limited in life is the time that we have, and at the moment, I'm not sure if I'm making the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment