Tuesday 17 August 2010

House-warming and Hermits

Wow, I haven't written in a looong time, not that any of you really care, because no-one actually bothers to read this childish muse-ment. Ah well, preservation is the key.
Whilst I have been not updating my blog, progress has occurred on the extension, meaning my room will be ready for painting quite soon. This means, being an organisation freak, I must have the room planned. Also being an art freak, I need a project, i.e. a wall mural. I have decided I want one wither in the style of Lichtenstein, or a tree. Hey, I like trees.





And then I can have a house-warming party, which, nice as it sounds, isn't seeming all too appealing to me at the moment, since I'm going through a hermit phase. I'm not really into all of that "getting out of the house and actually doing something" stuff. It's interior design-related stress.

As a side note, I have found a gorgeous prom dress, although when you see it you'll understand why I can't have it, why it's a terrible teenage cliche and why I am going to Marchesa prom-dress hell for loving it.


Not only is it from Gossip Girl, but Leighton Meester wore it. Sighh. Dreams crushed, for now.

Last note, I recently visited York, and bought one of those cheesy little "inspiration plaques," because I thought the message was actually very thoughtful and, well, inspiring.

"In the end, it is not the years in a life that count, it's the life in a year."



Abraham Lincoln. What fabulous cheekbones that man had.

Love, Peace and Pop-Art,
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment